KR TRAINING NOVEMBER 2015 NEWS
DYNAMIC FIRST AID CLASS DECEMBER 5
First aid training is important: its training you might need to keep yourself or someone you love alive until medics can reach you. So far in life, I've used the skills learned in first aid training more times than I've used the skills I've learned in firearms classes. This article from The Atlantic discusses the importance of having first aid skills in a mass violence event like what occurred in Paris, or Ft. Hood, or Columbine, or Newtown, or Aurora.
Caleb Causey of Lone Star Medics returns for a 1 day Dynamic First Aid on Saturday, Dec 5. Nobody else in the area offers this type of training on any regular basis, and we won't be offering it again until summer 2016. Slots are still open.
OPEN CARRY CONCEPTS CLASS JANUARY 2 and 30On January 2 and January 30, to celebrate the start of Open Carry in Texas, we are offering our new Open Carry Concepts course. This 5 hour class covers live fire, tactics and weapon retention skills unique to open carry situations.
2016 Paul T. Martin Preparedness Conference
January 9th is the date for the 2016 Paul T. Martin Preparedness Conference (previously known as the Suburban Dad Survivalist conference) at the Cabela's in Buda. This event will include presentations on cybersecurity (Jack Jania), open carry (Karl Rehn), the aftermath of a self defense incident (John Daub), travel safety (Paul Martin), pets & emergencies (Allen Codding, DVM), building a disaster resilient home (Suzanne Thompson), solar energy (Cliff Cheadle), and more. This is a bargain at $50 for all day.
JANUARY 23 DEFENSIVE PISTOL SKILLS 2 & LOW LIGHT SHOOTING COMBO
Fall rains caused us to cancel our October sessions of Defensive Pistol Skills 2 and Low Light Shooting. We are offering January sessions of each of those courses. Take both together for $120! Ask for the newsletter discount when you register.
JANUARY 31 RIFLE BEYOND THE BASICSWe have partnered with Sheepdog Solutions to bring you a 5 hour Rifle: Beyond the Basics class on Sunday, January 31. It will be taught by local SWAT Team member, USPSA Grand Master, and 3-Gun Nation competitor Aaron Marco, assisted by Karl Rehn. This course is intended for graduates of our Defensive Long Gun Essentials courses, 3-gun and carbine match competitors and anyone with intermediate level skills with their AR-15 or AK style rifle.
Dec 5 (8a-6p) - Dynamic First Aid, Lone Star Medics, $180
Jan 2 (9a-3p) - Open Carry Concepts, Karl Rehn & Leslie Buck, $100 (only 2 slots left!)
Jan 9 (10a-5p) - 2016 Paul T. Martin Preparedness Conference, $50 (Cabela's in Buda)
Jan 16 (9a-1p) - Advanced Training 4, $80
Jan 23 (1p-5p)- Defensive Pistol Skills 2, $80
Jan 23 (6p-9p) - Low Light Shooting, $60
Jan 30 (9a-3p) - Open Carry Concepts, Karl Rehn & Leslie Buck, $100
Jan 31 (12-5p)- Rifle: Beyond the Basics, Aaron Marco, $100
Our schedule for January-May 2016 is now online.
- Why do you need a high capacity magazine? (American Thinker)
- Why you need tactical first aid training (The Atlantic)
- The Norco Experiment - an important period in the history of USPSA shooting (Firearm User Network)
- The problem runs deeper than guns (Hsoi)
- At close range you need options (Hsoi)
- Yes you ARE being detained -- and a follow up (Hsoi)
- Updated thoughts on home defense tool (Hsoi)
- Can you articulate (Hsoi)
- KR Training mentioned in a "What I Carry and Why" article (The Truth About Guns)
- Review: Auto Targets Reactive Target system (interesting new product)
- Gun Experts and their idiotic carry gun choices (Greg Ellifritz)
- Looking back at the Fort Hood shooting (Greg Ellifritz)
- Armed citizens and the UT sniper attack (The Truth About Guns)
- Purdue study - armed citizens would save lives in terrorist attacks (The Truth About Guns)
- Listen to your instincts - (Gun Nuts Media)
- Boundaries (Claude Werner)
- Review: Kathy Jackson Cornered Cat instructor class - (we are hosting this class in April 2016)
- 5 Worst guns for self-defense (Gun Nuts Media)
- Mantis training device (guns.com -we have a Mantis on order and will be using it in 2016 classes)
We look forward to training you!
Karl, Penny and the KR Training crew