KR Training Archive
Articles and Letters
Articles and letters published by or covering our staff.
- Course Report: Erik Remmen Spyderco course
- What Kind of Gun do I need? - some basic information for the first time gun buyer.
- Letter to Ginny's Copy Center - in opposition to the chain's 'no guns' signs.
- Letter published in 1/6/97 Weekly Standard.
- Letter published in 1/8/97 Texas edition of the Wall Street Journal.
- IPSC Training Tips
- Make a Wish 1999 match report - published in Front Sight magazine.
- Force on Force training with Airsoft guns - presented at the 2002 Rangemaster 'Polite Society' conference
- Airsoft guns for Force on Force training (added 8/8/02)
- 'Make It Easy' article published in Warrior News (Suarez enewsletter), added June 2006
- Polite Society article from August 2008 Gun World magazine
- Polite Society article from October 2009 Gun World magazine
- Polite Society article from October 2009 Concealed Carry magazine (by KR Training grad Glenn Meyer, photo by Tom Hogel)
- Make Your Instructor Happy (USCCA magazine article written by Karl)
- Smartphone apps for Shooting Training (USCCA magazine article written by Karl)
- Tune up your gun Handling (USCCA magazine article written by Karl)
- Three Seconds or Less (USCCA magazine article written by Karl)
- Two Target No Reload Standards (USCCA magazine article written by Karl)
- "Southnarc" force on force AAR - from Polite Society conference 2014 (by Dave Reichek)
Essays by Experts and Extras
Famous articles on relevant topics.
- IPSC 1977 Nationals (April 1978)
- How to Sight In (by famous gunwriter Jack O'Connor, from NRA magazine)
- NRA on airport security (1970)
- NRA on Practical Range of Small Arms (1970)
- Armed Citizen from 1970 - school principal fires warning shots (1970)
- Texas laws related to guns in schools (added 4/2/2009)
- Jeff Cooper article on using two hands to control a pistol (added 06/01/2006)
- Jeff Cooper article from 1974 on proposed rules for practical pistol competition (added 06/01/2006)
- Ad Topperwein - great article about a legendary Texas trick shooter (added 11/20/03)
- News segment including footage of an actual shooting - .38 spl around a tree at arm's length (added 11/20/03)
- Karl gets zapped with a Taser - AVI file. (06/06/03)
- 'Bob's Accidental Discharge' post. A great piece of wisdom about gun safety and ownership.
- The Embarassing 2nd Amendment by Sanford Levinson, ACLU member and University of Texas constitutional scholar. Originally published in the Yale Law Journal.
- A Nation of Cowards by Jeffrey Snyder. An excellent essay about the individual right and responsibility for your own self-defense.
- GunScholar - an excellent site of scholarly articles on firearms issues.
- Second Amendment Foundation
- NRA Institute for Legislative Action.
- Independence Institute
- Reason Magazine - a excellent magazine
of libertarian thought. Unlike most political magazines the writers have a
good grasp of science and tend to focus on practical and workable solutions.
Outstanding in-depth analysis of complex issues far beyond the Time/Newsweek/CNN