KR TRAINING JULY 2015 NEWS
AUGUST 8th SPECIAL TWO HOUR COURSES
August 8th we are offering a 2 hour Defensive Pistol Essentials refresher from 9-11 for $40. Come shoot 100 rounds of drills and knock the rust off your trigger finger. Graduates of DPS-1 or other holster-using classes can run the drills from open or concealed carry to get some live fire draw practice. Bring that pocket gun you've been carrying all summer or that gun that's been sitting in the safe for months.
From 11-1 we'll head inside to the A/C and do a 2 hour version of our Personal Tactics Skills course. It covers basic tactics for common self defense situations. We'll run roleplaying scenarios with red guns so you can practice moving, communicating and interacting with actual people in scenarios. That class is also $40.
Sign up for both classes for $70, a $10 discount.
AUGUST 29th HUNTER SAFETY INSTRUCTOR
On Saturday, August 29th we are offering the Texas Parks and Wildlife Hunter Education Instructor Training course. The class is only $30, runs from 9 am to 5 pm. Includes some shooting with a .22 rifle, classroom lecture and some field work.
AUGUST 22th COMPETITION PISTOL 2
On Saturday, August 22th Roy Stedman and I will be teaching a 4 hour Competition Pistol 2 course for experienced competitors. The class will mainly consist of running stages and analyzing individual performance. It's a great opportunity to get coaching from two local Grand Masters. Between the two of us we have more than 40 years experience in IPSC, IDPA, Steel Challenge and GSSF competition.
A-ZONE SUMMER SCHEDULE
July 24-26 - Rangemaster Instructor Development (Givens) - SOLD OUT!
August 4 - Summer IPSC Match
August 8 - Defensive Pistol Essentials refresher / Personal Tactics Skills (Rehn)
August 15 - Advanced Training 6 (Rehn)- SOLD OUT
August 18 - Summer IPSC Match
August 22 - Competition Pistol 2 (Rehn/Stedman)
August 29 - Hunter Safety Instructor (Esakov)
Many of the same trainers that are part of the annual Rangemaster Conference will be teaching a Paul-E-Palooza 3, August 15-16th, in Garretsville, OH. The event is a memorial benefit for the children of late instructor, Paul E. Gomez. The event will consist of a weekend of training hosted by instructors from various fields, including self-preservation, edged weapons, medical, security, and more.
Like the Rangemaster Conference, this event is a fantastic value: $300 for two days of training with top tier instructors. Registration information can be found at the event website.
- When you assume... (Hsoi blog)
- Local shooters (KR alumni) on the NBC "Today" show
- Handshakes aren't always polite (Hsoi blog)
- Tom Givens class review
- Texas Law Shield Open Carry seminar in Austin
- Summary of Texas gun laws
- Competition vs. Street Training
- Palestine police shooting (POV camera)
- Competition Shooting Exceeds Special Forces Training
- Colorado police shooting (POV camera)
- Combat Medic - Work Begins After You've Been Shot
- Book Review - Fighting Smarter by Tom Givens
- First Step - Close the Door! (Hsoi blog)
- Dot Torture (Hsoi blog)
- Maintenance - fresh magazines (Hsoi blog)
- Combat Medic - What To Do When Someone Else is Shot
- KR alumni in new Morgan Spurlock documentary on Country Music TV channel
- Beyond the Basics AAR (Hsoi blog)
- Pro Ears - great customer service (Hsoi blog)
- US City violence is spiking (Hsoi blog)
- Lessons Learned from Home Invasion Attempt
- Magazines and Reliability (Gun Nuts Media)
- 10,000 Hours (Hsoi blog)
- BP2-DPS1 AAR (Hsoi blog)
- A critique of "Good Enough" (Hsoi blog)
- Bill Rogers teaches draw technique
We look forward to training you!
Karl, Penny and the KR Training crew