KR TRAINING AUGUST 2012 NEWS
BEYOND THE BASICS
Due to popular demand, we've added another session of Handgunning: Beyond the Basics on September 8th, from 1-5 p.m. Registration in that course is now open. This course is excellent for graduates of Basic Pistol 2, any of the Defensive Pistol courses, and anyone competing in IPSC, IDPA or Steel Challenge competitions. This course explains fundamentals in advanced detail and teaches what you have to know to shoot faster and better on targets from 5-15 yards and beyond.
MEDICINE X SEPT 22-23
Caleb Causey from Lone Star Medics will be returning for a special 2 day "Medicine X" class on September 22-23. This course will be a sequence of armed citizen-oriented scenarios, some "force on force", and some live fire, that involve fighting skills and medical skills, including rendering first aid during a situation where threats are still active. A few slots are still open in this unique course.
OCTOBER 20th FALL SPECIAL
In October 20th, we'll be offering 3 classes in one day, providing a great training opportunity that includes live fire (Defensive Pistol Skills 2), force on force scenarios (Advanced Training 2), and Low Light Shooting (live fire and FoF). These three classes cover all the key areas an armed citizen should be training in. We only offer this package twice a year: once in the spring and once in the fall. We encourage you to take advantage of this special opportunity!
We already have a few classes scheduled for 2013, including an NRA Instructor Training weekend January 19-21, 2013, a 2 day advanced IPSC class from GM Ben Stoeger February 23-24, and the 3 day Tom Givens Instructor course in March.
- Archive of hundreds of gun manuals
- Low quality gun safes can be opened by a 3-year old (Forbes magazine)
- 71-year old armed citizen opens fire on 2 armed robbers in Florida
- Army instructor John Buol reviews the Magpul carbine DVD
- Yet another person carrying without a holster has a negligent discharge at Walmart
- Permit holders harassed in Tenneessee movie theater
- free e-book on Crisis Preparedness (recommended by Suburban Dad Survivalist)
- Every Day Carry Survival Kit (hurricane & flash flood season is coming!)
- Gun Nuts Media makes the case for adding Rimfire Steel Challenge to the Olympics
- Trigger finger position and neglienct discharges (why we nag you all about getting it right)
- Rational discussion of the recent purchase orders for ammo by the government
- Criminals and the guns they carry
- Unintentional discharge while holstering (fall weather coming up, pay attention to loose pull strings on jackets)
- Gun sales up since Aurora, CA shooting incident
John "Hsoi" Daub blog highlights
- Perspective on one handed shooting
- No one is above having problems
- Salt Lake City armed citizen saves others in danger
- Wither personal responsibility (cop sues Glock)
- ArmsBand (bad product)
- Run, Hide Fight (great Houston-made active shooter video)
- But they never malfunction, right?
- Look, data (armed citizens more effective than cops in stopping active shooters)
- AAR - BP1 August 4th
- M&P over XD - subtle point
- A month of dry fire - a review
- AAR - BP2 August 11th
See you at the range!
Karl, Penny and the KR Training crew