NRA Instructor Training: CCW Instructor
Course Description: This course certifies NRA instructors to teach the NRA CCW class
Topics: Using NRA lesson plans to teach all 10 modules of the CCW class.
- Firearm Safety
- Pistol Nomenclature and Selecting a Pistol for Self-Defense
- Ammunition Knowledge and Defensive Ammunition Selection
- Basic Defensive Pistol Skills
- Drawing from Concealment
- Loading and Stoppage Remediation
- Mindset, Responding to an Attack and the Aftermath
- Carry Modes and Pistol Concealment
- Firearm Cleaning and Maintenance
- Sport Shooting and Training Activities
For prices and upcoming course dates, check the schedule page.
Length: 16 hours
Prerequisites: NRA Basic Pistol Instructor certification and completion of Basic Instructor Training module within the past 2 years. Completion of the CCW student course.
Required Equipment: A centerfire handgun, a minimum of 2 spare magazines or speedloaders, eye and ear protection, a baseball cap (to deflect spent brass and keep the sun out of your eyes, a minimum of 300 rounds of ammunition, a belt holster and concealment garment.
Optional Equipment: See the general policies page for suggestions on food, drink, clothing, etc.
Taught by: Karl Rehn
Facility: A-Zone Range
Scheduled: based on demand
Additional information: All students in the course will be provided copies of the current editions of the NRA's Basic Pistol and Personal Protection Outside the Home student manuals, or the NRA CCW book (when it becomes available).