KR TRAINING SEPTEMBER/OCTOBER 2014 NEWS
Sign up and pay in full for this combo deal!
October 25 - Every armed citizen should train to this level. Our most important courses.
Defensive Pistol Skills 2 + AT-2 Force on Force + Low Light Shooting - all 3 for $180 ($60 savings)
Already taken these but haven't practiced the skills in awhile?
REFRESHER DISCOUNT: repeat any individual course you've taken before for $20 off. Must pay in full in advance to get this discount. Our October 25th classes will use the vehicles that remain on the range after the recent Vehicle Combatives class.
The latest schedule is here. Guest instructors coming in late 2014 and 2015 include Chuck Rives, Caleb Causey, Ben Stoeger and Tom Givens. 2015 classes are open for registration.
Registration is open for the 2015 Rangemaster Tactical Conference. It will be Feb 20-22 in Memphis, TN. This 3 day event will feature sessions from 25 different national level trainers. It always sells out quickly, so register now if you plan to attend. Karl will be there running low light force on force scenarios.
KR TRAINING SHOOTING TEAM NEWS
- Homeowner defends himself with spear
- Pistol Prone
- Bob Kolesar on "Gunfighters I have Known"
- FBI Training Division paper on switching to 9mm (they recommend it)
- Excellent "hostage rescue" shot with handgun in real incident (graphic video)
- Buyer's Guide for post-CHL legal defense services
- South African IPSC shooter wins real gunfight (graphic video)
- Mike Seeklander's thoughts on low light shooting
- Understanding burglars (from Greg Ellifritz)
- FBI analysis of 160 active shooter incidents (citizens can stop them, training needed for citizens)
STUFF FROM HSOI (blog highlights)
- Bullet Ricochet
- Fitness matters pt 1
- Fitness matters pt 2
- Movement in parking lots pt 1
- Defensive Long Gun Aug 30 AAR
- Police response slows, as Austin grows
- Basic 2 and Defensive Pistol Skills 1 9/13/2014 AAR
- Wasp Spray for Self Defense?
PLAYING MUSIC IN AUSTIN
Karl will be joining the O-Boys at Nutty Brown on Friday, October 10th, playing a mix of classic rock, jazz and blues from 7-10 pm. Many of the O-Boys also perform with Java Jazz, who have been the Sunday brunch "house band" at Nutty Brown for more than a decade.
We look forward to training you this fall!
Karl, Penny and the KR Training crew