KR TRAINING FEBRUARY 2015 NEWS
Many classes have already sold out. Classes with slots still open:
Feb 21 - Defensive Pistol Skills 1 & Defensive Long Gun Essentials
Feb 28 - Self Defense Tactics (new course from Tom Schaefer)
March 7 - CHL new permit , Defensive Pistol Skills 2, Advanced Training 2, Low Light Shooting
March 14 - Basic Pistol 1
March 21 - Beginner Pistol , Defensive Pistol Essentials & Defensive Pistol Skills 1
April 4 - CHL new permit, Basic Pistol 1, Defensive Long Gun Essentials
April 11 - Handgunning Beyond the Basics, Competition Pistol 1
April 25-26 - Combative Pistol 1 (Tom Givens)
Check the 2015 schedule page for more details.
MARCH 7 DISCOUNTS!
On March 7th we are running our Advanced Training day. It includes four hours of live fire (Defensive Pistol Skills 2), four hours of force on force scenarios (Advanced Training 2), and three hours of Low Light Shooting. We only offer this package twice a year, in the spring and fall.
These 3 classes, taken together, teach the skills you are most likely to need in a real incident: drawing from concealment, moving to and shooting from cover, reading situations, communicating with threats, bystanders, family members and first responders, and being able to do all of those things in low light.
Sign up for all 3 classes at the discounted price of $180 (normally $220). If you have taken them before and want to come back to refresh your skills, refresher price for DPS-2 and AT-2 as stand alone courses is $60 each.
TOM GIVENS - RANGEMASTER COMBATIVE PISTOL 1 APRIL 25-26
In April, Tom Givens returns to offer another session of his popular Combative Pistol 1 course. This course is an excellent follow on to our DPS-1 and higher level courses. Over the past 7 years, Tom has had 63 students successfully defend themselves in incidents where shots were fired, with a hit ratio of over 90%- both numbers significantly higher than any other trainer. This 16 hour, 2 day course will challenge and improve your gunhandling and shooting skills as well as improve your mental preparedness to succeed in a lethal force incident.
KR TRAINING ALUMNI WIN AT SCHOLASTIC PISTOL WINTER REGIONAL
On Saturday, Feb 7th, more than 100 shooters ages 10-21, from states as far away as Washington, Illinois and Alabama competed at the Winter Regional of the Scholastic Pistol Program. Teams coached by KR Training alumni did very well, with the Texas A&M Corps of Cadets centerfire and rimfire teams winning both collegiate divisions, and teams from South Texas and Dripping Springs placing in the top 3 in the junior and senior high school divisions.
- Tulsa police officer shoots armed man (video)
- Tom Givens' book Fighting Smarter revision now on sale
- Features to avoid when buying an IWB holster (Greg Ellifritz)
- Non lethal responses and why they don't work
- February Rangemaster newsletter (Tom Givens)
- Suspect killed by customer in restaurant shootout (Houston)
- Off body carry a viable alternative
- The future of dynamic grip recognition for smart guns
- Customizing the Ruger LCP for daily carry (satire, I hope)
- Crossbreed introduces velcro holster for off body carry bags
- KR Training student AAR from recent BP1 and BP2 classes
- Paul Howe explains his choice of paper target designs and how he uses them in training (excellent info for instructors)
- The correct way to disassemble a Glock without violating gun safety rules (Cornered Cat)
- Pro shooters Taran Butler and Robert Vogel duel on steel targets
We look forward to training you!
Karl, Penny and the KR Training crew