KR TRAINING AUGUST 2014 NEWS
Sign up and pay in full before Sept 1 for any of these combo deals at a discounted price!
Sept 13 - Got your CHL? These are the next step
Defensive Pistol Essentials + Defensive Pistol Skills 1 - take both for $120 or one for $70
Sept 27 - Learn to shoot like the pros. Shoot a sample match to try IPSC, Steel and IDPA.
Beyond the Basics + Competition Pistol 1 - take both for $120 or one for $70
October 4 - Get Started Shooting. Pistol and Rifle (or Shotgun) training all in one day
Basic Pistol 1 + Defensive Long Gun Essentials - take both for $120 or one for $70
October 25 - Every armed citizen should train to this level. Our most important courses.
Defensive Pistol Skills 2 + AT-2 Force on Force + Low Light Shooting - all 3 for $180
Already taken these but haven't practiced the skills in awhile?
REFRESHER DISCOUNT: repeat any individual course you've taken before for $20 off.
Many courses will use the new shoot house and include shooting from a (stationary) vehicle.
We are bringing some 'range cars' out for the Vehicle Combatives class in September, and we'll use them in some drills in our own classes this fall.
Students must register and pay tuition in full before Sept 1 to get these discounts.
The latest schedule is here. The fall courses taught by guest instrutors are sold out with long wait lists.
We are already taking registrations for 2015 guest instructor classes.
KR TRAINING SHOOTING TEAM NEWS
Karl Rehn and Tim Meyers earned Grand Master rankings in USPSA Production Division. Roy Stedman earned a Grand Master ranking in USPSA Limited, and Dave Reichek was promoted to Master in USPSA Production. Tina Maldonado was named to the "A Girl and a Gun" IDPA Nationals team. Team members will be competing in the USPSA Area 4 championship, IDPA Nationals and IPSC World Shoot in the coming months.
- Handgun skill standards (collection of good links)
- Bad gunhandling kills Cedar Park gun show patron
- Good video of effective handgun defense by store clerk
- .380 still not adequate for self defense use
- Claude Werner analysis of NRA Armed Citizen incidents
- Claude Werner list of skills to train and practice
- Houston MMA fighter stops robbers
- Training fallacies - (why you should take my AT-2 scenario class)
- Excellent shooting - off duty cop kills hostage taker (graduates of AT-5 will recognize this technique)
- Bill Rogers invents a new shooting glove (we discourage the use of gloves, but if you absolutely have to use them, try these)
- Fighting multiple attackers (Greg Ellifritz)
- "Qualified to teach tactical training" - excellent observations on credentials vs. expertise
- Articles by Texan Charles Askins on point shooting. Askins won many gunfights in his time with Border Patrol and was also a bullseye competitor.
- "Qualified to teach tactical training pt 2"
- Gunfight video compliation (graphic) - collection of good gunfight video
STUFF FROM HSOI (blog highlights)
- Deconstructing the numbers
- crime maps of Austin
- Situational awareness and the Tueller principle
- Mugging avoidance
- July 19 class AAR
- They don't think like us
- It takes time to process and react
We look forward to training you this fall!
Karl, Penny and the KR Training crew