Preparedness Training (Level 1)
Course Description: this one day blended learning course provides both classroom training with hands on training covering multiple topics related to preparedness.
The list of speakers and topics is still being revised and may change.
Some of the classroom topics include:
- Medical Threats and Trauma Threats: Ben Weger, M.D., will return to KR Training to present on how preppers can address specific medical and trauma issues in a grid down situation. He will cover how to handle various illnesses and injuries, the equipment and medications that you should have as part of your supplies, and how to reduce the chances that health problems affect your family during a crisis.
- Chainsaw Operations in Disaster Conditions: John Kochan will provide an overview of chainsaw selection, operation, maintenance and safety, with an emphasis on chainsaw usage in a post disaster environment. Many post-disaster injuries occur when people use chainsaws inappropriately. Learn how to avoid those mistakes.
- Kubotan: Tracy Thronburg will present an overview of the kubotan and its use in self defense.
- Getting Fit for Disasters: John Daub will provide guidance on how preppers should design a workout routine to improve conditioning for the grid down environment. He will discuss disaster nutrition, flexibility, cardio and weight training.
- Get Home Bag Drill: Paul Martin will lead participants on a short hike with their get home bags, which will include a live fire drill. Those students who do not wish to participate in the live fire portion of the exercise will be given an alternative training opportunity.
- Be Your Own First Responder (BYOFR): Increased response times from various first responder agencies and staffing shortages necessitate citizens to be ready to be on their own until help arrives. Paul Martin will share trends in first responder response times and how people can improve their self sufficiency until the first responders arrive on scene.
- The Checklist Manifesto: Inspired by the book of the same name by Atul Gawande, M.D., Paul Martin will discuss the need for preparedness checklists in your home for the benefit of your family and how to create them.
Topics: Medical and trauma first aid; self defense; chainsaw operation; fitness; preparing to get home after a disaster; citizen first responder training
Length: 9 AM – 5 PM
For prices and upcoming course dates, check the schedule page.
Required Equipment: TBA
See the general policies page for suggestions on food, drink, clothing, etc.
Taught by: Paul Martin
Facility: A-Zone Range